2010 in 16 easy stepsPosted: February 17, 2010 Filed under: War and Peace 1 Comment
Here’s how our year has gone so far:
1. Replace the dead car.
2. Make aebleskivers for FHE.
3. Split internet with our diagonally-upstairs neighbors. Only one room in our house (the bedroom) has a strong enough signal to connect.
4. The Bwun gets a cold.
5. My cousin has her baby 5 weeks early, so we postpone the baby shower.
6. The Romgi gets a cold.
7. The Bwun gets a cold again.
8. I get the flu and an ear infection. Plus powerful painkillers.
9. Baby shower #1.
10. I move the computer to the other side of the bedroom so it’s not in the Romgi’s way. The internet barely works. Try to get the Romgi to go talk to the neighbors about it.
11. I get the flu again.
11. Baby shower #2.
12. Valentine’s Day dinner at my aunt’s house (my parents and sister are in town).
13. The Romgi gets strep throat.
14. Cancel 1-night trip to Midway – the Romgi’s parents were going to watch the Bwun overnight.
15. I start feeling sick again.
16. Trip to CA this Thursday? Please let us all feel better!
BroochesPosted: February 17, 2010 Filed under: Treasure Island 2 Comments
I recently decided it would be fun to wear brooches as a sort of signature style. Of course, I don’t own any brooches. Off to Etsy!
I surprised myself – I expected to really like more modern pieces, but initially I was drawn toward very traditional brooches. Hm. Which of these do you like?
Row 1: classic rhinestone / spring brooch / fancy
Row 2: signed Trifari rhinestone feather / antique brushed silver leaf / cumulus congestus brooch
Row 3: seahorse brooch / swallows brooches / silver layered blooming brooch
I also have to show you one I really hate. Click here to see a brooch with an actual pigeon skull.
Happy thingsPosted: February 12, 2010 Filed under: Treasure Island 2 Comments
I’ve got the flu again, so here are a few things to cheer me up.
The book isn’t currently available in the US, but you can pre-order it through Amazon UK for cheap. (Not factoring in shipping costs.) My cousin, whose baby shower I’m throwing tomorrow, had me watch this video. Jennifer, you can probably expect your own copy of Emily Brown and the Elephant Emergency for your birthday!