The Da Vinci CodePosted: September 22, 2009
The other night I spent 5 hours reading The Da Vinci Code for part of the Countdown Challenge I didn’t finish on time. Here is a partial list of other things I could have done instead:
- baked, decorated, and eaten a cake
- sifted through the neighbors’ trash
- composed a sonnet
- unraveled the blanket I’ve been crocheting
- made a paper mache house out of 454 pages of…some book
- completed my giant crossword
- crashed pots to make the Bwun wake up
- listen to the Bwun scream for 5 hours
- read the remaining 8 chapters of my Social Psychology book
- done a headstand
- walked on hot coals…in the backyard?
- hiked the Y alone at night
- scrubbed the bathroom floor
- caught up on the Romgi’s law school reading
- counted the perforations in our ugly laminate wall
- memorized pi to 100 digits
- hitchhiked to St. George
- played Wind Waker through again –
– ok, that was heartbreaking. Yes, it’s true, rather than play my favorite game I voluntarily read The Da Vinci Code in its entirety.
My apologies to Nintendo. It’s a sin I won’t commit again.