Requests

Now that we’re getting closer to Tiny Baby’s entrance into and exit out of the world (in just over a week), I have some specific things I need help with. These are for local friends and family who are willing to help out. Please let me know if you can do any of these – I’m trying to remind myself that I can’t do everything on my own, even though I’d rather not bother everyone with requests.

• Take our dog overnight Tuesday and Wednesday (April 24-25).
  • Clean my house Tuesday or Wednesday (April 24 or 25).
  • Drive Evan and June to the cemetery on Saturday (April 27).
  • Bring a meal Friday night (April 26).
  • Maybe bring some meals for a few days afterward (April 29-May 2).

For everyone near and far, will you keep us in your thoughts next week? At this point I’m mostly filled with dread – of how emotionally difficult it will be.

Finally, we’re planning a graveside service, but I’m unsure what we could do to make it meaningful. Any ideas?

9 Comments on “Requests”

1. Jim says:

I think that it would be appropriate for you or Jarom or both to do a eulogy to express your thoughts/feelings, if you feel up to it.

2. Sarah M says:

What kind of dog is it?

3. Holly says:

I’d love to come clean on Wednesday the 24th.

4. Holly says:

I’m hesitant to share ideas for the graveside because I don’t know if they are stupid or not, but even if they are maybe it will lead you to a better idea…… You could have everyone attending (that wants to) write a letter to Tiny Baby. Those who want to read them at the graveside could and then they could be buried with Tiny Baby or you and Jarom could save them as a keepsake. Just a way to show how even a short life can have a big impact on the lives of many people.

5. Holly says:

Sorry, another idea. Do you know anyone that sings well or plays an instrument that will be at the graveside? You could have someone do a musical number.

6. Holly says:

Last one, I promise. You could do something like letting balloons go (not necessarily that, maybe eat a special treat or something else). Then each year on Tiny Baby’s birthday you could do the same thing.

7. Camile says:

I can take your kids on the 27th. Also, if Holly would like help I can also come do some cleaning. I will bring dinner on April 29. have emailed you a couple of poems that could be shared at the graveside service. I think a simple statement of your belief about eternal families would be significant too.

8. Alitha Thompson says:

We can take Ender for however long you need.
    You could light candles for Tiny Baby.

9. Natalie Muhlestein says:

I have my semester break next week. I’ll have nothing to do for the 25th through 29th. I can clean your apartment on the twenty-fifth, as well as babysit on any of the other days. Just Facebook message me your address and specifics of when you’d want me to come, or call.

We’ll be praying for you.