This weekPosted: January 10, 2014
Here’s a summary of this week’s highlights:
- This actually happened last week after I posted: I broke my toe. It hurt a lot.
- I rearranged our living room so there’s a cozy corner for me to huddle in and be a hermit. With a book. Perfection!
- I read two books, The Edwardian Lady (about Edith Holden, the author/illustrator of the gorgeous book The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady) and Say You’re One of Them, a collection of short stories. Depressing short stories.
- The baby announcements got finished. And after I blogged about closing my Etsy shop, I went ahead and reopened it…
- Remember the cheesecake I made? Opinion reversed. I would absolutely make it again, I’d just do it a day or two ahead of time. After the cheesecake had been in the fridge overnight it was divine.
- We had dinner with a friend from high school. It was delicious and entertaining and so nice to be out of the house, having a conversation with grownups.
- One morning June woke up with her hair all matted and tangled. I told her it looked crazy, and Evan jumped in, “Well, June, I think your hair is beautiful.” He’s such a nice brother (sometimes)!
- Ender got a bath and a haircut. He smells amazing.