Doubleplusgood Day 2014Posted: April 25, 2014
I am so touched by the many acts of service, big and small, that you did in honor of Christian’s birthday. Here are the good deeds I heard about (if I missed yours, please leave a comment or email me so I can add it to the list):
- Took a loaf of homemade banana bread to a friend in need. -HS
- Put together a bouquet for a sick neighbor. -TH
- Planted flowers for a neighbor. -KH & family
- Cleaned the house in preparation for wife’s social event. -GH
- Took an extra shift so a coworker could go on vacation. -JL
- Made small, cheery flannel blankets to keep other Tiny Babies warm. -CH
- Patiently extricated son from a creek. -JO
- Helped pick up brother’s toys without being asked. -CC (age 5)
- Wore a smile for as much of the day as possible. -CB
- Took extra time to help a coworker deal with a frustrating situation. -JR
- Gave a meal to a homeless man. -DS
- Made a set of 3 bracelets: one for a tiny baby to be buried with, one for the keepsake box, and one for Mom to wear. -KB
- Delivered supplies to local shelter. -RW
- Babysat a neighbor’s kids so neighbor could go see her sister’s family be sealed.
- Visited a friend in need. -KA
- Volunteered at school for a few hours. -JC
- Baked cookies for a new neighbor. -LZ
Yesterday was a strange mixture of sadness and gratitude – sort of like last year. I went to bed overwhelmed, exhausted, and ready for a new day – sort of like last year. But I will say that today has been so much better than a year ago. I have hope for the future. I know I can have a happy life despite my loss, and, most importantly, Christian isn’t gone forever.
Thank you for making our first Doubleplusgood Day so full of love and service!